Spring Indoor Player Development Program (PDP)
WESA's 6 week indoor program will provide players with more touches on the ball while also getting the players’ bodies and minds ready for competitive games in our Spring and Summer seasons. Run by our qualified coaches with sessions created by Tom, Director of Coaching.
12U - 15U: two, 2-hour sessions per week
10U 3.5 total hours per week
Practices will be split into 3 sections with the overall aim of developing the mind, feet, overall comfort levels on a ball and FUN.
- SAQ with and without a ball
- Technical/Skill sessions with a ball
- Small-sided scrimmage (Futsal style)
What is SAQ? – Speed, Agility and Quickness. All three are incredibly important components of soccer. Development of brain and body connection occur with repetition during high intensity SAQ training session. All athletes can benefit from improved balance, quicker feet and a faster reaction time. This is the what SAQ drills help achieve. The beauty of SAQ is it can translate and benefit the individual across multiple sports.
Futsal - Guide
- Size 3 or 4 minimum bounce ball
- lndoor court size dictated by boundary lines (no walls)
- No offside
- No throw in - Kick in instead
- 5 players per team max
- 4 seconds for the ball to be played into the field if it is kicked out
PROGRAM DATES: March 4th- April 12, 2019
COST: 10U $150 12U-15U $200
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, March 1, 2019
REGISTRATION and PAYMENT: CLICK HERE