The West Elk Soccer Association (WESA) is a not-for-profit organization devoted to promoting and fostering the development of soccer for youths and adults living in, and visiting, the Gunnison valley. We are dedicated to providing our participants with a fun, high-quality soccer experience that encourages sportsmanship and a love of the game through the development of player, coach, referee, and team.
WESA is committed to being a leader in player development and establishing a lifelong appreciation for soccer among our members and participants. We will be a model soccer club for all developmental levels.
- Commitment to the players. Treat players in a respectful manner.
- Commitment to skill development as the foundation of our philosophy.
- Provide quality coaching, leadership, mentoring, and role-modeling for all members.
- Provide a positive and nurturing, but challenging learning environment.
- Provide programs for players at all levels of skill and commitment.
- Instill a good work ethic and a sense of personal responsibility towards each player's own development.
- Instill a dedication to teamwork and a sense of loyalty to our Club among players, parents, and coaches.
- Foster a spirit of contribution in giving back to our community.
- Provide an enjoyable soccer environment for all players, coaches, and parents.
- Pursue the building of character as a driving objective in all that we do - in every practice and in every competition. We demand that all our players and our coaches embody character: the will to compete, the discipline to improve, the commitment to put team before self, and winning and losing with honor and respect.
- Beyond the soccer skills themselves, we strive to instill traits in players that are useful long after the last whistle blows - character ... sportsmanship ... discipline ... fitness ... and achievement.
- To raise the level of skills of the participants through the WESA Player Development Model
- To be a leader in the field of player development through a 'Possession to Play Forwards' philosophy.
- To provide quality coaching at all age groups and all levels.
- To promote a lasting love for the game.
- To promote sportsmanship among the players, parents, and coaches.
- To provide an opportunity for competitive play against other club teams.
- To develop and commence the implementation of a complete coach development program (that develops coaches from entry-level up to elite).
- To increase the number of referees in the Gunnison Valley.